Clinton River Restoration
Rivers Bend Park
Shelby Township, Michigan
STABILIZING THE ENVIRONMENT
This is the second project we have completed on the Clinton River in Shelby Township, Michigan. Years of erosion had eaten away at the riverbank, so the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers brought in RBV Contracting to re-establish and fortify the area. The scope of this project included:
- Re-establishing and fortifying 400 linear feet of the existing riverbank
- Establishment and maintenance of sedimentation and erosion control measures
- Earthwork and grading
- Installation of two ledge rock stream vanes
- Lining of the new bank with riprap and root wads
- Restoration of the project area
The finished project restored stability to a natural space that was otherwise falling away to the powers of the elements.
This was the second time we’ve completed restoration on the Clinton River. In our previous project, we re-established 700 linear feet of the riverbank. We also created a backwater refuge for local fish and wildlife. For that project, we worked in tandem with a site in St. Clair County to source root wads from a local clearing project. You can read more about that work in our blog.
Request A Quote
Are you ready to work with a contracting company you can trust to get the job done right the first time? Click the button below to get in touch.